UPSC CDS II RECRUITMENT 2020
APPLY ONLINE FOR CDS II RECRUITMENT 2020 FOR 344 POSTS
COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAM II 2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)has declared wide notification for Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam II 2020. The interested aspirants who fulfill eligibility criteria can apply online by getting information from notification released on official website: @upsc.gov.in.
UPSC CDS II 2020: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for recruitment of UPSC CDS II exam ,the last date for submitting application online is 25 AUGUST 2020. Total 344 vacancies are available for the post covered under the course held by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy (OTA).
Aspirants can get information on application process,educational qualification, salary, age limit, etc. for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam as stated below:
- UPSC CDS II release of notification date and Date of Registration – 05 August 2020
- Last Date of Registration – 25 August 2020
- Online Applications might be withdrawn from – 01 September to 07 September 2020
- UPSC CDS II Exam Date – 08 November 2020
- UPSC CDS II Exam Result Date – to be announced later
Indian Military Academy (INA),Dehradun, 149th (DE) Course started in July, 2020 — 100 Posts
Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala—Course started in July, 2020 Executive – 26 Posts
Air Force Academy (AFA) —(Pre-Flying), Training Course commenced in July, 2020 – 32 Posts
Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai (Madras) 114th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course to start in October, 2021 — 169 Posts
Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai (Madras) 28th SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course to start in October, 2021— 17 Posts
UPSC CDS Salary:
Captain (Level 10 B) – 6,13,00-1,93,900
Lieutenant (Level 10) – 56,100 – 1,77,500
Lieutenant Colonel (Level 12A ) – 1,21,200 – 2,12400
Major (Level 11) – 6,94,00 – 2,07,200
Brigadier (Level 13A ) – 1,39,600-2,17,600
Colonel Level 13 – 1,30,600-2, 15, 900
Lieutenant General HAG Scale (Level 15) – 1, 82, 200-2,24,100
Major General (Level 14) – 1,44,200-2,18,200
VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General (NFSG) (Level 17) – 2,25,000/-(fixed)
HAG+Scale (Level 16) – 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
COAS (Level 18) – 2,50,000/-(fixed)
Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier – Rs 15.500 p.m. fixed
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CDS II 2020
- Indian Military Academy (INA) – UNMARRIED : Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Indian Naval Academy (INA) – UNMARRIED : B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Air Force Academy (AFA) – UNMARRIED: B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university OR degree from a recognized university with Physics & Mathematics as subjects.
- Officers Training Academy (OTA) – UNMARRIED : Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical course) – UNMARRIED, ISSUELESS WIDOWS and ISSUELESS DIVORCESS who have not remarried: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized
Age Limit for vacancies:
- IMA – 19 to 24 years
- AFA – 19 to 23 years
- INA – 19 to 22 years
- OTA – 19 to 25 years
CDS EXAM DETAILS
|NAME OF EXAM||COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAMINATION (CDS)|
|ORGANIZING BODY||UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC)|
|MODE OF APPLICATION||ONLINE|
|NO.OF VACANCIES||400 (APPROXIMATELY)|
|FEES OF APPLICATION||INR 200|
|FREQUENCY||TWICE A YEAR|
|SELECTION PROCESS||WRITTEN TEST AND SSB INTERVIEW|
Other Eligibility requirement:
- The candidate must be citizen of India. Residents of Bhutan, Nepal, and Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before 1st January 1962.
- A candidate of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the view to permanently settle in India.
- The candidates will be needed to disclose Certificate issued by Indian authorities prooving their claim.
Selection Procedure for UPSC CDS II EXAM
The selection will be done on the basis of national level recruitment test (CDS II Exam) followed by UPSC CDS II Interview to be held by State Selection Board. The interview will be a 4 day process in which candidates will be analysed on the basis of Personality Test, Group Testing Officer Task, Psychology Test and Conference.
UPSC CDS II Exam pattern:
For getting Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
|GENERAL KNOWLEDGE||2 HOURS||100|
|ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS||2 HOURS||100|
For getting Admission to Officers’ Training Academy :—
|GENERAL KNOWLEDGE||2 HOURS||100|
The papers of all the subjects will comprise of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of Elementary Mathematics and General Knowledge will be set in Hindi as well as English.
UPSC CDS II Admit Card
All the applicants clearing the exam will be able to download UPSC CDS II Admit Card from the official website of UPSC i.e., upsc.gov.in. The candidates who are eligible will be issued an e-Admit Card atleast three weeks before the exam commencement .E-Admit Card will not be sent by post.
How to Download UPSC CDS II Admit Card :All the candidates need to provide valid & active e-mail id in the online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
How to Apply for recruitment of UPSC CDS II ? Candidates might apply online through official website www.upsconline.nic.in from 05 August to 25 August 2020 by following mentioned steps:
- Open the official website of UPSC – upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link “Exam Notification – Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2020” in What’s New section
- Now,go to “Click Here”
- A new window will be opened from where you require to click on “Click Here for PART I” followed by “Click Here for Part 2: for registration
- Mention personal details and detail of any Photo ID Proof – Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government
- Upload a scanned copy of the same Photo ID, Photograph & Signature
- Choose your examination centre.
- Add Payment details and accept Declaration.
- Print a copy of the application form for any future use.