UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment
UPSC Geo -Scientist Vacancy | @upsc.gov.in.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment: The Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has called for online applications from candidates for applying to 40 UPSC Geo-Scientist vacancy @upsc.gov.in. The UPSC shall be recruiting all eligible candidates to the posts of Scientist B and Chemist in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines and in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources. Candidates who are eligible shall apply for the post via the link mentioned below or the official site of UPSC @upsc.gov.in.
Candidates shall apply online from 07th to 21st October 2020.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment:
Assess all the importantinformation that are to be kept in mind by the candidates who are willing to apply in UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment.
|UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020|
|Name of Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Name of Position||Combined Geo-Scientist|
|Start Date||07th October 2020|
|Last Date||21st October 2020|
|Location||All Over India|
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment :
The UPSC has declared the recruitment notification under advt. no. .01/ 2021-GEOL on its official website @upsc.gov.in. The Commission shall be assigning a total of 40 candidates for the several posts that have been given below.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment: Important Dates to remember
|Notification Release Date/ Online Application Starts||07th October 2020|
|Last Date||27th October 2020 till 6 P.M|
|Online Applications can be withdrawn||04th to 10th November 2020|
|Last date||27th October 2020|
|Admit Card Date||February 2021|
|Pre-Exam Date||21 February 2021|
|Pre Exam Result||Notified Soon|
|Mains Exam Date||17 and 18 July 2021|
UPSC Geo-Scientist Vacancy : Details
|Chemist Group A||15|
|CGWB Scientist B Hydrogeology||16|
|CGWB Scientist B Chemical||03|
|CGWB Scientist B Geophysics||06|
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment: Eligibility Criteria
The educational qualification for posts is given below:
- Chemist Gr ‘A’: M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
- Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’: Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act.
- Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’: Master of Science degree in Physics or Applied Physics or Geophysics or Applied Geophysics or Marine Geophysics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Technology) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Age Limit :
The upper age limit according to the posts is given for the recruitment into UPSC.
- Minimum: 21 Yrs
- Maximum: 32 Yrs
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment: Application Fee
- SC/ST/PH/Women candidates – No Fee
- Gen/OBC/EWS male candidates- Rs 200/-
Steps to Apply For UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment:
- Select the direct link for opening the apply online link directly or go to the official website of UPSC.
- If already registered then login with the credentials, otherwise click the part 1 registration and read the instructions.
- Select the “I agree” to proceed for the form submission.
- Fill the identity credentials, education qualification, and address.
- Select Continue and submit Part 1 Registration.
- Part 2 registration consists of logging in the registration ID and DOB.
- Fill all the relevant details like the selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document, and Declaration.
- Click the “I agree” button after seeing that the information given is in order and no correction is needed.
- Pay the needed application fee if applicable.
- Take the Print out of the final form.
UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment: Selection Process
The selection process for the UPSC Geo-Scientist Recruitment shall consist of prelims and mains written exams followed by an interview:
The exam shall be held through an online mode and will have the following sections:
|General Studies||100||2 hours|
|Geology/ Hydrogeology for Scientist B (Hydrogeology), Geophysics for Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics), Chemistry for Chemist and Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Posts||300||2 hours|
UPSC Geo-Scientist : Mains Exam Pattern
|Paper 1 – Geology/ Geophysics/Chemistry||200||3 HOURS|
|Paper 2 – Geology/ Geophysics/Chemistry||200||3 HOURS|
|Paper 3 – Geology/ Geophysics/Hydrogeology||200||3 HOURS|