New policy updates
After major changes in education system ,the Indian government is all set to introduce a new division and examination for recruitment of non gazetted posts in both central government and public sector banks. The new agency will be known as National Recruitment Agency., and will be authorized to conduct an exam called Common Eligibility Test (CET), for hiring members of Group B and Group C according to marks scored.
The idea of setting up this agency was first given by our Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in Union Budget 2020, which is now approved by Union Cabinet. The agency will shortlist the candidates from a huge number of applicants and will pass on list to IBPS , SSC etc. , which will further conduct mains for recruitment. Hence NRA will take a common preliminary exam and SSC etc. will take mains for their respective posts.
According to our PM a common entrance test will increase the transparency of recruitment system prevailing in country from years also he stated that it will be beneficial for youngsters reduce the number of test for them and will save their time, money and resources.
For ensuring the well functioning of NRA passed a huge amount of 1500 crores INR .A major portion of will be used in setting up the better infrastructure at examination centers of nearly 117 districts.
Some key features of CET
- The exam will be conducted for recruitment in IBPS(Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, SSC i.e. Staff Selection Commission) And RRB i.e. Railway Recruitment Board.
- NRA will conduct preliminary examinations for hiring Group B (Non Gazetted), Group C and Clerical post in government departments along with equivalent post in public sector banks.
- Separate papers will conducted for applicants at three different levels i.e. one for matriculate (10th passed), other for higher secondary (12th passed) and one for graduates.
- Those who will clear CET will be able to appear for the main examination conducted by respective agency for whose vacancy they have applied.
- The score CET will be valid for three years.
- Candidate can appear for examination as many times as they wish to before a certain age limit.
- The syllabus will common for test which will reduce the burden of aspirants of preparing for multiple exams with different syllabus.
- candidates will be able to choose center of their choice.
- These features will help applicants to save their money as well as time.