LATEST UPDATE ON CLAT EXAM 2020
POSTPONEMENT OF CLAT EXAMINATION 2020
The national-level CLAT 2020 has been postponed again as per the notification given consortiumofnlus.ac.in. The CLAT exam 2020 is now to be held on September 28 (2- 4 pm) instead of September 7. The exam will be online computer-based test to be conducted on various examination centres. CLAT Admit Card 2020 will be released at least two weeks before the exam.
CLAT 2020 will be administered at 203 locations across the country. CLAT Exam 2020 for UG will consist of 150 questions from – current affairs, English, maths, legal aptitude and logical reasoning sections. The CLAT PG will have 120 questions from various legal subjects of graduation level. Admissions to the national law universities are offered on the basis of merit cum preference criteria and shortlisted candidates have to compulsorily participate in CLAT counselling.
CLAT Important Dates 2020:
Start of online application Form : January 01, 2020
Application form closes : July 10, 2020
Last date to submit payment, change preference : August 15, 2020
Issue of admit card : Anytime soon
CLAT exam date 2020 (Rescheduled) : September 28, 2020
Publication of the provisional answer key: To be Notified soon
Objection window: To be Notified soon
Publication of the final answer key : To be Notified anytime soon
Declaration of CLAT 2020 result : To be Notified
Start of counselling : To be Notified
CLAT ADMIT CARD 2020:
Anytime soon around September 14, 15
The admission authority is expected to release the CLAT admit card most probably in mid-september. To download the admit card, candidate has to go to the official website and login by entering their registration id and password.
Process for downloading Admit Card
How to download Clat 2020 Admit card?
- Go to official website @consortiumofnlus.ac.in
- Click on the link of download
- A window for logging in will be opened
- Enter mobile number, password and security pin
- After,logging in the admit card of CLAT 2020 would be visible on the screen
- Download the admit card
CLAT 2020 EXAM PATTERN (UPDATED):
- The CLAT 2020 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Question paper for UG program will include 150 multiple-choice types (MCQs) questions.
- The test will comprise of comprehension passages which will be followed by the multiple-choice questions
- PG paper will have 120 questions to be answered within 120 minutes from which descriptive section is removed.
- Each objective type question will carry 1 mark, while for incorrect answers there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks.
CLAT SYLLABUS 2020:
|MATHEMATICS||Elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught up to 10th Class/Standard.|
|GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & CURRENT AFFAIRS||Static general knowledge|
Current affairs- national and international news
|LOGICAL REASONING||Logical and Analytical reasoning skills|
|LEGAL APTITUDE||Study of law|
Questions based on hypothetical situations
CLAT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Qualifying exam: The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognised university or board.
- Marks in qualifying exam: A minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying degree is required to appear in CLAT 2020. For SC and ST candidates 40% marks is required.
- Age limit: There is no upper age limit.
- Others: Such candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam in March/April 2020 may also apply, subject to such candidates producing evidence of passing the qualifying exam at the time of admission.