Latest Updates On GATE Exam 2020
GATE 2021 Online Form
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay has published notification for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021. The Candidates can read the notification & apply Online. Further details are given below for the candidates to refer:
To be paid before 30-09-2020:
- All Other Categories Rs. 1500/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female: Rs. 750/-
During the Extended Period (01 to 07-10-2020):
- All Other Categories: Rs. 2000/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female: Rs. 1250
Payment Mode: Debit/ Credit card/ Net Banking
The application fee will neither be refundable nor transferable.
Opening of Online Application Form : 14-09-2020
Closing Date to Submission (Online) of Application form : 30-09-2020
Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application: 07-10-2020
Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (with additional fee charged): 13-11-2020
Admit Cards to be available on : 08-01-2021
Date of GATE Exam: 05 to 07-02-2021 & 12 to 14-02-2021
Date of Announcement of Results : 22-03-2021
Bachelors Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts, MBBS,Master Degree (Arts/Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Applications)
For More Qualification Details refer the notification issued.
POST NAME: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2021
TOTAL: Not Available
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2021) is one of the national level entrance examination. It is conducted every year jointly by Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore & one of the IITs.
This time IIT Bombay is conducting GATE 2021. The exam is a pathway to get admission in Master’s programs and direct doctoral programs in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science.
Candidates have to register and fill the application form through online mode at GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
The online form will be available from 14th September 2020 to 30th September 2020.
Last date to submit the application form with late fee will be 7th October 2020.
Candidates also have to upload the certificates/ documents, etc. in online mode only.
The application form can be filled till fourth week of September 2020.
The photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded by the candidates during the online application.
Candidate can appear in one or two papers. Students as per the prescribed set of combinations, can also appear for two papers.
The candidates should not send any hard copy of application form/documents etc. to the conducting institution or any of the zonal GATE offices
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in online (CBT) mode.
- No of Subject Papers: The exam will be conducted for 27 subject papers. Two new subject papers – Environmental Science & Engineering (ES) and Humanities & Social Sciences (XS) have been added this year.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type, Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) & Numerical Answer type (NAT).
- Type of Sections: There will be two types of sections in each paper – Compulsory & Optional.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of total 3 hours.
- Maximum marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- No. of Questions: The question paper will consist of 65 questions.
- Marking Scheme: For MCQs and NATs, various questions will be of 1 or 2 marks. MCQs of 1 mark in which 1/3 marks will be deducted for wrong responses. For MCQs of 2 mark, 2/3 marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.Therefore, there will be negative marking scheme in MCQ’s but there will be no negative marking for numerical type questions.