MAHA TET: Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Results
MAHA TET EXAM
MAHA TET or Maharashtra TET is a state-level teacher eligibility test (TET) organized by Maharashtra State Council of Examination. The exam is held to determine candidate’s eligibility for their recruitment as teachers in the schools of Maharashtra.
The MAHA TET exam is held at two levels – primary (paper-I) and upper primary (paper-II). Candidates who are planning to become teachers of Classes 1-5 are required to appear for MAHA TET paper-I. On the other hand, aspirants planning to be teachers of Classes 6-8 need to sit for MAHA TET paper-II. Candidates wishing to be teachers of Classes 1-8, need to appear for both the papers.
|Name of Exam||Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test (MAHA TET)|
|Organizing Body||Maharashtra State Council of Examination|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Language||English, Hindi, Marathi, Urdu, Bengali, Gujarati, Telugu, Sindhi, Kannada|
|Purpose of Exam||For recruitment of candidates as teachers in schools of Maharashtra|
MAHA TET Exam: Eligibility 2020-21
The simple criteria that candidates are required to complete in order to meet Maharashtra TET eligibility 2020-21 include:
- Educational qualification: Candidates planning for appearing in MAHA TET 2020-21 exam must possess the below-stated educational qualification. It must be noted that the needed educational qualification varies for primary and upper primary levels.
|Exam Level||Educational Qualification||Mandatory Professional Qualification|
|Primary (Paper-I) Classes 1-5||Class 10||Diploma in Education (D.Ed) or Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)|
|Upper-Primary (Paper-II) Classes 6-8||Class 10 and Graduation||D.Ed or B.Ed|
|Both Paper-I and -II||Class 10 and Graduation||D.Ed or B.Ed|
MAHA TET Exam: Dates 2020-21
MAHA TET 2020-21 notification has not been released yet.
|MAHA TET Exam||MAHA TET Exam Dates (Tentative)||FEATURES|
|Notification||First/second week of November 2020||MAHA TET notification 2020-21 is likely to be out in November 2020.|
|Online applications||November 2020||MAHA TET application process is expected to commence in November 2020.|
|Admit Card||First week of January 2021||MAHA TET admit card 2020-21 is likely to be released in January 2021.|
|MAHA TET exam||Third week of January 2021||MAHA TET exam for paper-I and -II is likely to be conducted in January 2021.|
|Answer key||February 2021||MAHA TET answer key is likely to be out in February 2021.|
|Result||July/August 2021||MAHA TET result is likely to be declared in July/August 2021.|
|Scorecard/certificate||July/August 2021||MAHA TET certificate is likely to be out in July/August 2021.|
MAHA TET Exam: Selection Process 2020-21
The MAHA TET 2020-21 process of selection includes the following stages:
- Application form: Candidates first require to fill MAHA TET application form in online mode on the official website of the exam. The MAHA TET application fee is Rs. 500 for one paper and Rs 800 for both the papers.
- Admit card: Candidates need to download their MAHA TET admit card from the official website of the exam. The admit card comprise all important details regarding the exam like date, time and test centre address.
- MAHA TET exam: Thereafter, candidates are required to appear for the MAHA TET exam as per the details provided on their admit card. Both paper-I and -II of MAHA TET exam are of two and a half hours duration each.
- Answer key: MAHA TET answer key is declared on the official website of the exam comprising correct answers for all the questions asked in the exam.
- Result: MAHA TET result is pronounced soon after the release of the answer key. Candidates scoring at least 60 per cent aggregate are MAHA TET pass.
- Certificate: All qualifying candidates are issued MAHA TET passing certificates few weeks after the release of the result. Thereafter, candidates shall apply for the post of teacher in the schools of Maharashtra.