CSIR UGC NET
CSIR NET EXAM 2020
CSIR UGC NET (normally called as CSIR NET) is a national-level exam held by National Testing Agency (NTA) to choose candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and for defining their eligibility for selection as lecturers in Indian universities and colleges. Candidates passing CSIR NET exam shall become lecturers in the subject areas subsiding under the faculty of Science & Technology only. Subjects for which CSIR UGC NET is held include:
|CSIR NET Subjects
|CSIR NET Subject Codes
|Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
|CSIR UGC NET (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test)
|National Testing Agency (NTA)
|Twice a year
|Selection of candidates for the award of JRF or determining eligibility for appointment as lecturers
|Exam Helpdesk No.
CSIR NET Answer Key 2020
The final CSIR NET answer key 2020 shall be declared by NTA soon. The final answer key shall be released PDF form on the official website of the exam. Based on the final answer key, CSIR NET result 2020 and cutoff will be announced by the agency.
The provisional CSIR NET 2020 answer key was released by NTA on December 3. Along with the key, NTA had also released the marked responses and question papers of candidates. Candidates could check and download the CSIR UGC NET answer key on the official website of the exam. Those interested could also challenge the answer key latest by December 5 (12 Noon). The fee for challenging the CSIR NET provisional answer key was Rs 1,000 per question.
CSIR NET Exam Analysis 2020
The first shift of CSIR NET 2020 exam for Earth Sciences paper was held successfully from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM on November 19. The CSIR NET Physical Sciences paper was organized from 3:00-6:00 PM on November 19. As per analysis of CSIR NET exam for Physical Sciences by students, the paper was of moderate level of difficulty. As associated to last year’s exam, the difficulty level of the paper was high. The CSIR NET cutoff 2020 for Physical Sciences is anticipated to drop.
CSIR NET Eligibility 2020
The simple CSIR UGC NET eligibility criteria that candidates required to fulfill are:
- Candidates must obtain a degree in BTech/BE/BPharma/MBBS/BS (4 years)/Integrated BS-MS/MSc with minimum 55 per cent marks
- For JRF application, candidates need to be maximum 28 years in age as on December 1, 2019
- There is no upper age limit to apply for the post of lectureship
- Important CSIR NET Exam Dates 2020
|CSIR NET Events
|CSIR NET Exam Dates
|22-Aug-2020 to 10-Sep-2020
|NTA re-started the CSIR NET application form 2020 submission process on August 22. Candidates could fill the CSIR NET online form on the offical website till September 10. Earlier, CSIR UGC NET application process ended on June 30.
|Last date for submission of application fee
|Candidates shall pay the CSIR NET application fee in online mode by September 10 till 11:50 PM.
|Application correction window
|11-Sep-2020 to 17-Sep-2020
|CSIR NET application form correction window re-opened on September 11. Candidates could make needed changes in the application form by 17-Sep-2020.
|Correction in choice of exam cities
|19-Oct-2020 to 20-Oct-2020
|The facility for correction in choice of CSIR NET exam cities is open.
|CSIR NET 2020 admit card has been released on the official website.
|Admit card for Puducherry and Tamil Nadu candidates
|CSIR NET admit card 2020 for Puducherry and Tamil Nadu candidates who were to give the exam on November 26 was released on November 28.
|CSIR NET exam
|CSIR NET 2020 exam was held on November 19, 21 and 26. However, for Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu candidates who were supposed to give the exam on November 26, the paper was held on November 30.
|Provisional answer key
|CSIR NET provisional answer key 2020 was released on the official website on December 3.
|Final answer key
|CSIR NET final answer key 2020 will be out soon.
|To be announced
|CSIR NET result declaration date is yet to be released.
CSIR UGC NET Selection Process
CSIR NET selection process comprises the following stages:
- CSIR NET application form: All interested and qualified candidates are required to fill CSIR NET 2020 application form on the official exam website.
- CSIR NET admit card: CSIR UGC NET admit card is released for candidates who successfully submit the application form and pay the exam fee. The admit card is released on the official website of the exam.
- CSIR NET exam: Next, candidates are required to appear for CSIR UGC NET exam according to the date and time stated on the admit card. CSIR NET is basically held twice a year in the months of June and December.
- CSIR NET result: The result for CSIR NET is released on the official website. Candidates succeeding the NET exam then get eligible for JRF or lectureship.