CSIR UGC NET 2020
CSIR UGC NET EXAM 2020
CSIR UGC NET (commonly called as CSIR NET) is a national-level exam held by National Testing Agency to select candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and for liable their eligibility for appointment as lecturers in Indian universities and colleges. Candidates evaporating CSIR NET exam shall become lecturers in the subject areas coming under the faculty of Science & Technology only. Subjects for which CSIR UGC NET is held include:
|CSIR NET Subjects||CSIR NET Subject Codes|
|Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences||702|
CSIR NET 2020: Highlights
|Name of Exam||CSIR UGC NET (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test)|
|Organizing Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Mode||Online only|
|Exam Duration||180 minutes|
|Exam Purpose||Selection of candidates for the award of JRF or determining eligibility for appointment as lecturers|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0120-6895200|
The revised CSIR NET 2020 exam date has been declared by NTA. The National Eligibility Test for Science subjects shall be conducted on November 19, 21 and 26. CSIR NET admit card 2020 might be available for download from the official website few days before the conduct of the exam.
Earlier, Human Resource Development Group (HRDG) of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in a tweet had stated CSIR NET 2020 exam will be held by NTA in the second week of November. However, the exact CSIR UGC NET exam date 2020 was not declared by HRDG.
Earlier to this, CSIR NET 2020 exam was scheduled to be held on June 21. However, the exam got postponed due to the evolving situation that arose out of COVID-19 pandemic.
CSIR NET 2020:Eligibility
The basic CSIR UGC NET 2020 eligibility criteria that candidates need to fulfill are:
- Candidates need to acquire a degree in B.tech/BE/B.Pharma/MBBS/BS (4 years)/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc. with minimum 55 per cent marks.
- To relate for JRF, candidates must be maximum 28 years in age as on December 1, 2019
- There is no upper age limit to apply for the post of lectureship
|CSIR NET Events||CSIR NET Exam Dates||Features|
|Application form||22-Aug-2020 to 10-Sep-2020||NTA re-started the CSIR NET application form 2020 submission process on August 22. Candidates could fill the CSIR NET online form on the offical website till September 10. Earlier, CSIR UGC NET application process ended on June 30.|
|Last date for submission of application fee||10-Sep-2020||Candidates must pay the CSIR NET application fee in online mode by September 10 till 11:50 PM.|
|Application correction window||11-Sep-2020 to 17-Sep-2020||CSIR NET application form correction window re-opened September 11. Candidates could make needed changes in the application form by 17-Sep-2020.|
|Correction in choice of exam cities||19-Oct-2020 to 20-Oct-2020||The facility for correction in choice of CSIR NET exam cities is open.|
|Admit card||15-May-2020 Postponed||Admit Card was to release on May 15. However, the date is postponed.|
|CSIR NET exam||21-Jun-2020 19-Nov-2020, 21-Nov-2020 and 26-Nov-2020||New CSIR NET 2020 exam date has been announced by NTA. The exam will be conducted on November 19, 21 and 26. Earlier, CSIR NET exam was to be held on June 21 but was postponed due to COVID-19.|
|Result||To be announced||CSIR NET result declaration date is yet to be released.|
CSIR UGC NET 2020: Selection Process
CSIR NET selection process comprises the following stages:
- CSIR NET application form: All interested and eligible candidates require to fill CSIR NET 2020 application form on the official website.
- CSIR NET admit card: CSIR UGC NET 2020 admit card is released for candidates who effectively submit the application form and pay the exam fee. The admit card is declared on the official website of the exam.
- CSIR NET exam: Next, candidates require to appear for CSIR UGC NET exam as per the date and time stated on the admit card. CSIR NET is typically held twice a year in the months of June and December.
- CSIR NET result: The result for CSIR NET is released on the official website. Candidates qualifying the NET exam then get eligible for JRF or lectureship.